AsianScientist (Dec. 18, 2014) – The winners of the eighth annual WuXi PharmaTech Life Science and Chemistry Awards received their prizes at a ceremony held on December 7 at Diaoyutai State Guesthouse in Beijing.
In 2007, the WuXi PharmaTech Life Science and Chemistry Awards were launched as the first nationwide scientific awards in China established by a life science enterprise. WuXi PharmaTech (Cayman) Inc. is a R&D capability and technology platform company serving the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries, with operations in China and the United States.
The awards aim to stimulate early-stage innovation and to promote excellence in life science research. Participants were selected by a committee comprised of distinguished experts from Chinese life science academia and industry.
“We are excited to nominate these bright scholars and feel privileged to be able to recognize their extraordinary contribution to the scientific community,” said Dr. Li Ge, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of WuXi PharmaTech. “The scientific and practical implications of their pioneering work will be far-reaching and will touch many lives worldwide.”
Since its inception, 128 scholars from more than 30 Chinese universities and research institutes have received WuXi PharmaTech Life Science and Chemistry Awards, of whom eight were later elected to the Chinese Academy of Sciences or the Chinese Academy of Engineering.
The winners of the 2014 Outstanding Achievements Awards are:
- Dr. Jie Qiao, Peking University Third Hospital
- Dr. Beili Wu, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Dr. Yongjun Wang, Beijing Tian Tan Hospital, Capital Medical University
The winners of the 2014 Scholar Awards are:
- Dr. Dong Mengqiu, National Institute of Biological Sciences, Beijing
- Dr. You Shuli, Shanghai Institutes of Organic Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Prof. Chen Xing, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University
- Prof. Li Jinghong, Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University
- Prof. Zhu Yichun, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University
- Dr. Yang Caiguang, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Prof. Lin Tianwei, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University
- Prof. Hou Tingjun, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University
- Prof. Zhong Hongying, College of Chemistry, Central China Normal University
- Prof. Liu Guoqing, Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences, Peking University Health Science Center
- Prof. Yang Li, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, Sichuan University
- Prof. Wang Xinquan, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University
- Prof. Chen Hong, Peking University People’s Hospital
- Prof. Zhou Huchen, School of Pharmacy, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Prof. Sun Tiansheng, PLA, The Military General Hospital of Beijing
Source: WuXi Pharma.
Disclaimer: This article does not necessarily reflect the views of AsianScientist or its staff.