Our Science Communication Services
Our mission is to support science organizations in developing their communication strategies with stakeholders and the public.
Our science communication services include:
- Media partnerships for science conferences and events
- Development of communication strategies for science organizations
- Scientific press releases: writing, editing, distribution
- Syndication of original content to news and magazine publications
1. Media partnerships for science conferences and events
We have worked with many science and education organizations to engage with the media and the public.
Here are some of the organizations we have worked with:
- National Research Foundation of Singapore
- Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School of Singapore
- Agency for Science, Technology and Research Singapore
- World Scientific Publishing Company
- BBC Future
- The Economist Insights
Some notable past projects include:
- Global Young Scientists Summit (GYSS@one-north) 2013 & 2014
- President’s Science and Technology Awards (PSTA) 2012
- Global Space & Technology Convention (GSTC) 2012
- 18th International Conference On The Future Of Asia 2012
- EmTech Singapore 2014
- Health Care in Asia 2014
For media partnerships, sponsorships and promotion of events and conferences, please contact us at email@example.com.
2. Communication strategies for science organizations
Asian Scientist Magazine is produced by a team of scientists, medical doctors and science journalists who strive to create compelling and graphically rich content for the scientific community. We have a deep understanding in the use of online media including search engine optimization (SEO), social media and other avenues to communicate scientific results to the general public and your target audience.
Through synthesizing this experience with our scientific training, we believe that we are the appropriate science communication partner for your organization. We will speak with your corporate communications team, review your social media, online and print science communication strategies and propose a comprehensive plan for you. We can also put together a publicity campaign to promote your research findings.
For science communication requests, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Scientific press releases
We provide the full package of researching, interviewing, writing, editing and distribution of media releases. Our services include:
- High quality press release writing, edited by experienced PhD-trained science communications professionals.
- We will do background research on the story, with an emphasis on finding ‘the story within the story.’ Promoting a factually accurate synopsis to a compelling narrative requires significant insight, but is critical to achieving high impact media penetration.
- We will conduct interviews with the scientists involved in the work. Being scientists ourselves, we know what questions to ask.
- Distribution to leading wire services and selected reporters and editors at the major English language newspapers.
- Publication of an editorial version on Asian Scientist Magazine, which guarantees that your research will be published by an established Asian science media outlet.
- A structured timeline for your press release. You will receive a draft of your press release, changes and corrections will be made as you request, followed by a finalized copy for approval. Once you give your approval your release will be sent on the date you select.
We strive for accuracy and scientific credibility over hype. See some examples of our past media releases:
[Zang ZJ et al. (2012) Nature Genetics press release]
[Zhang G et al. (2013) Science press release]
[Lim S et al. (2013) PNAS press release]
For information on our scientific press release services, please contact us at email@example.com.
4. Syndication of original content
Aside from publication on Asian Scientist Magazine, we strive to syndicate our original content so that it will be enjoyed by a larger audience.
We enjoy a syndication relationship with the following media organizations:
- The Singapore Straits Times [Jan 3, 2013]
- The South China Morning Post (SCMP) [Nov 1, 2012] [Feb 19, 2013]
We have written original content for:
For syndication of our content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.